Many athletes think that the training well is all they need to do to achieve their goal, but did you know that being fit is about 20% training and 80% nutrition?
If you answer yes to any of the following you need nutritional help
- Training hard, but not seeing the benefits?
- Falling off training programmes?
- Finding it hard to recovery from an injury?
- Losing training time due to illness?
- Getting digestive problems during sessions and events?
- Got an event coming up and want to get that pb?
- Can’t make a weight category?
- Confused by the variety of sports snacks, gels and supplements?
Sports nutrition comprises a thorough understanding of the general principles of healthy eating overlaid with the specific requirements of the sport, tailored to the training programme and lifestyle considerations of the athlete.
My unique placement of enjoying a variety of sports to a good standard has allowed me to fine tune my knowledge in the most practical way and to understand the athlete’s requirements from an insider’s perspective.
My active commitment to excellence encouraged me to qualify as a swimming coach and a Level 3 Personal Trainer not only to perfect my own technique, but also to transfer this skill for the benefit of other athletes and to promote lifestyle changes in my non-sporty clients.
I can provide you with tailor-made food and lifestyle regimes, which will help maximise your current performance, allow you to train hard and get you back on track quickly after an injury.
Specific areas of expertise
- Training and competition nutrition
- Training for specific events, such as triathlons, marathons, making weights, competitions
- Supplement programmes
- Snacks while training and competing
- Digestive function
- Hormone balancing
- Injury recovery
- Immune support
- Optimising sleep quality
- Energy levels
As well as 1-2-1 consultations I offer talks on the above subjects to clubs and teams. More information available on request.